TeeRoy's 2 Cents:
- Donald Trump and the Trump family businesses won't receive any emergency taxpayer relief.
- New York Governor Andrew Cuomo and Mayo rBill de Blasio say the bill doesn't give enough to the state and city, which have been hit especially hard by the coronavirus.
- This is a necessary move to save our economy, but we'll be paying for it for years to come.
Americans are one step closer to getting some economic relief from the financial downturn brought on by the coronavirus pandemic. On Wednesday, the Senate approved the $2 trillion bill by a vote of 96-to-0 and it now heads to the House, which hopes to pass it by Friday.
The bill was drawn up to give financial relief to citizens, the health care system and the business world that's been hit hard by the coronavirus.
The bill includes:
- Payments of $1,200 for individuals and $2,400 for couples, with $500 extra for every child, for those who earn less than $75,000 as individuals or $150,000 for couples. The amount goes down for those who earn more.
- It gives those who are receiving unemployment insurance an extra $600 a week for up to four months.
- It will also offer loans to businesses, give funds to hospitals, and add more money to the country's fund for drugs and medical supplies. (CNBC)